Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dale Chihuly and a Mother Daughter Day.

This past Sunday, I wanted to do something special with my mother.

I had heard that the Dale Chihuly exhibit at the MFA in Boston was supposed to be unbelievable.



That was an extreme understatement.







From the moment I walked in I was scraping my jaw off of the ground, with my eyes SO WIDE trying to take it all in.

I was so inspired by Chihuly and his use of space, light and color.

In his artist statement he proclaims, 
"I never met a color I didn't like"

His work clearly was a reflection of this notion,
while your eyes FEASTED on the shapes, absorbency of light and reflections these works stated.

These works of art had something to say, there was not a whisper of indication saying otherwise.

People were in awe.

 I felt inspired by his audacity. 


 It's funny to see how certain exhibits will effect your thought process and your maturity as an artist. In every exhibit I walk around an ask myself the questions..

"How was this curated, how did the work interact with the space"

"How did the exhibit make me FEEL?"

"What elements and adjectives would I use to describe what I saw, and is that what the artist had in mind?"



"How would I use this space to best exhibit my work and what am I trying to say?"



After all, you are only as good as your word.





My mother and my best friend.




I still have not processed all that I have learned from this exhibit. But here we are, two days later and I can't stop thinking about it/yapping about it.

That must be saying something.

If you are in the Boston area, do yourself a favor and go get inspired.


Love and Light,
Sarah Anne.

2 comments:

  1. All of your images are so inspirational! Reading through your blog has definitely given me a creative itch today (as i'm sure it will every day i read it)! Was that picture in front of the textiles from that same exhibit?? I've been collecting South American textiles for years. Those are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coleen! So glad you are reading along :). Yes, these textiles were a part of the exhibit as inspirational elements to chihuly. He created these vessels emulating woven baskets, and the whole room had that vibe. But isnt that wall amazing? I know those patterns have become trendy now in the fashion world, but I have always been a sucker for the color pallettes and geometric designs. Very LA right now.

    Love and light.

    ReplyDelete