Sunday, May 15, 2011

Brimfield 2011.

Spring is slowly presenting itself in New England,
and you know what May means in Massachusetts...

Brimfield.

My favorite time of year, it was like Christmas.
Football fields and football fields full of old treasures waiting to be discovered!




Bakelite Bracelets (MY FAV, just VERY $$). The colors and the simplicity have always been attractive qualities for me.

                                   
Piano Guts, I loved the texture and the repetition of form. Would love to see this used in a cool way.






The very interesting textured blocks are actually old wallpaper print blocks.
My mother was digging through the blocks looking for inspiration for her ceramics. Such cool, interesting textures.


I really wanted to turn this architectural piece into a mirror. Always looking for interesting spaces to turn into an alternative use. Plus mirrors and lighting are always a source of attraction for me.


So I walked away with four boxes for my tape sculptures this year, and I couldn't be happier. I am always looking for interesting shapes to work within, and I found some goodies.

I will post the boxes later as I work on them, so keep a look out!

Brimfield I will see you next year.


Love and Light,
Sarah Anne.


3 comments:

  1. I am green with envy right now!!!! SO wish I joined you Sat., and thank God the weather was decent (unlike the last time we went in the rain--UGH!)
    Looooove all your posts and photos on here. Inspirational! Let me know how the new job is going and when you'll be free to escape for lunch.

    xxxxoooo
    A. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah everything looked so amazing. I'm super jealous. I love the wallpaper print blocks... and the last photo you posted... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies! Thank you so much for your kind words about the post, I had a blast! Heather, you were missed very much, but have no fear, mumzie and I will be going again both times this summer. Oh what the McKay woman do for old crap :) see you soon!! Xo

    ReplyDelete