Friday, May 28, 2010

Tomorrow Wilcox Park!

Hello!
Phew. So tomorrow is Wilcox Park, Westerly Rhode Island from 10am-5pm
Saturday and Sunday.
Went to set up the tent and such this afternoon and Wilcox Park is gorgeous. 
Should be an amazing place to have a show.

So for some reason tonight I have more anxiety than I usually do before a show.
When I gave it more thought, I realized it was because this is the first real ART show I will be a part of.
All of the other venues I have shown my work have been open markets with all sorts of things, not "art buyers".

When I was unloading my car today I was looking around and seeing watercolorists, oil painters... basically super established VERY traditional/conservative artists.

As you know from following my blog, knowing me as a person or even seeing my work on my website... nothing about me fits that description.

So this is how I am choosing to look at it.
I am entering the show tomorrow with ten new pieces, all of which I created this week (in addition to my other body of work).
Because of this crazy productivity, I officially have no middle finger print.

But I am going to be myself, put my best foot forward, and hope that people are looking for something new.
God knows I've never seen someone roll tape like I do.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow, and for now all I can do is believe in myself and just breathe.

Easier said than done.

Up and going by 6 am tomorrow, if you come by tomorrow... coffee's are more than welcome.

Love and Light,
Sarah Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment