Monday, May 17, 2010

Illustration for Providence Monthly.

In the state of Rhode Island, we are lucky enough to have a few free publications that are disbursed throughout the state to promote all local establishments/businesses/artists, all of the above.
I had been sending my stuff to the Providence Monthly publication, along with SO Rhode Island Magazine hoping to get some work.
My persistence finally paid off.

The illustration is for the rebirth of tinctures and bitters (popular additions to alcoholic beverages both for favor and medicinal purposes during the prohibition), and it's recent popularity. While the illustration is only 4x5 inches in their next edition, I consider it a success and an act of fate.


Although the sketch is nothing glamourous, I hope that this experience leads to further jobs with these wonderful publications.
The final color version is due tomorrow at 5PM. If I'm feeling gutsy enough, I might suggest the idea of covering my shows to the assistant art director. Publicity, publicity, publicity! Wish me luck!

Love and Light,
Sarah Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment